The Sohlberg Prize
The Nordic Gerontological Federation (NGF) invites for nominations of candidates for the most prestigious Nordic Prize in Gerontology, the Sohlberg prize.
- The Sohlberg prize of 10.000 euros is sponsored by the Päivikki and Sakari Sohlberg Foundation and will be awarded at the Opening Ceremony of the 26th Nordic Congress of Gerontology in Reykjavik.
- The prize is relevant for all aging sciences and is awarded to a scientist active in a Nordic country who is a leader in gerontology with a major influence on the development of her/his field in aging research.
- To be considered the candidate should have built a strong research group or initiated research of major importance for developments in gerontology.
- The nomination must include reasons for the nomination (described on a half to a full A4 page), in addition to a curriculum vitas and a publication list of the candidate. Self-applications are not accepted.
- The prize will be awarded by a jury including the president and two vice presidents of NGF and the two most recent prize-winners.
The nomination should be sent to the president of NGF, Steinunn Þórðardóttir: email@example.com
Deadline for nominations is 15 December 2021.
19 September 2021
14 November 2021
16 December 2021
31 December 2021
6 February 2022
1 March 2022